Connect with us

E CLASS

‘Man City would avoid champions leaugue ban’ – Pep Guardiola.

Published

on

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has “a lot of confidence” his club will avoid a two-season ban from European competitions when the verdict of their appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport is revealed later this month.

City were banned from UEFA competitions for two years by the European governing body in February after being found guilty of overstating sponsorship outcome to avoid breaches of Financial Fair Play regulations. Their case was heard by CAS last month and the club have always been bullish about the potential outcome. “We are ready. I have a lot of confidence and trust with the people that we will be allowed to play the Champions League, because we want to be on the field during these years,” said Guardiola. “On July 13 we will know the resolution, hopefully, for the club – all the workers, players and everyone here, staff – to try to continue growing up as a club in the next years.”

Amid the off-field issues, City remain one of the favourites to win this season’s Champions League, which is now due to resume in August. City hold a 2-1 lead over Real Madrid after the first leg of their last-16 tie. There is still uncertainty over where the return match will be played with the rest of the competition from the quarter-finals to be played at neutral venues in Lisbon. City may have surrendered their Premier League title to Liverpool but a 4-0 thrashing of the newly-crowned English champions on Thursday showed why Guardiola’s men are still among the most feared sides in Europe. “Every game is different but I cannot deny beating Liverpool the way we did (was good),” said Guardiola, whose side travel to Southampton in the Premier League on Sunday. “Football is about feelings, moments.

“Sometimes your mood is up, sometimes it is down when you face these games, but we can say we beat maybe the best team in the world right now. So we can do it.

0 Users (0 votes)
Criterion 10
What people say... Leave your rating
Sort by:

Be the first to leave a review.

User Avatar
Verified
{{{ review.rating_title }}}
{{{review.rating_comment | nl2br}}}

Show more
{{ pageNumber+1 }}
Leave your rating

Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

E CLASS

We would train a new police unit next week – IGP says following disbandment of SARs.

Published

on

By

The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, has assured Nigerians that the training of a new police unit to take over from the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) will commence next week.

Adamu gave the assurance when pop artiste, David Adeleke aka Davido, visited him in his office on Monday, October 12 over the ongoing #EndSARS protests. For over 72 hours, Nigerians youths nationwide have taken to the streets calling for the disbandment of SARS. The IGP responded by banning the dreaded police unit, but protesters say they doubt the police authorities sincerity. IGP Adamu has assured that a new unit of the police will be ready soon. Speaking to Davido, IGP Adamu said with SARS being disbanded, there was a need to get a new structure to carry out the duties the defunct police unit was carrying out, which is fighting violent crimes.

He said the new outfit would be intelligence-driven, properly trained and only act on special occasions that require their attention. He said the unit would be made up of fresh personnel with a fresh orientation and not officers from the scrapped unit. He said opportunities would be created for members of the public to participate in and make inputs to the formation of the new unit. IGP Adamu further said this was the first time they have decisively taken to dissolve SARS and called for calm as they continue to resolve all the issues. Nigerian parents blow hot, protest against disbandment of SARS, video goes viral. “I’m talking to you so I will keep talking to many others and get civil societies involved and get their input towards the new unit.” He said officers of the disbanded unit would be retrained and given other responsibilities in the force, but will not be reabsorbed into the new unit. Legit.ng had earlier reported that the IGP in response to calls and agitation from Nigerians to disband SARS, banned personnel of the unit from carrying out routine protocols, before the eventual disbandment.

The new directive from the IGP also affected operatives of other tactical squads of the police such as the Special Tactical Squad (STS), Intelligence Response Team (IRT) and the Anti-Cultism Squad.

0 Users (0 votes)
Criterion 10
What people say... Leave your rating
Sort by:

Be the first to leave a review.

User Avatar
Verified
{{{ review.rating_title }}}
{{{review.rating_comment | nl2br}}}

Show more
{{ pageNumber+1 }}
Leave your rating

Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one

Continue Reading

Trending