Connect with us

News

#Covid19: We have lost over 5 billion to covid19, Miyetti Allah.

Published

on

     Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Asociation of Nigeria, on Tuesday, said its members across the country have lost over N5billion to the COVID-19 pandemic that is currently ravaging the world.

       One of the leaders of the association, Alhaji Yakubu Bello, made the disclosure while reacting to the allegation that the Fulani community in Oyo State was shielding their kinsmen who sneaked into the state from the North against the inter-state border restriction made by the Federal Government. Bello, who is a former chairman of the association, said contrary to the allegation, his members were law-abiding and peaceful.

       He stated that although the current realities were challenging as Miyetti Allah had not had it so bad in the past, efforts were made to ensure that the restriction orders were adhered to. He said Fulani cow traders and herdsmen across the country had been warned to stay off Oyo State until the restriction order on inter-state movement was vacated. According to Bello, the Miyetti Allah in Oyo State had cautioned its members from the North on the need to obey the restriction order.

      He said, “We have heard of cases of people that were arrested for defying inter-state lockdown order, whether they were coming from the North or anywhere from Nigeria, but I can tell you that nothing of such has happened from here. “The moment the government announced the lockdown order, we have sent a strong warning to our people in all the states of the nation not to come to Oyo State for business or visit till this trying period is over.

       “It is really a difficult period for our people as they have never experienced such restriction before. I can tell you that we have lost over N5 billion to the rampaging Coronavirus disease.

0 Users (0 votes)
Criterion 10
What people say... Leave your rating
Sort by:

Be the first to leave a review.

User Avatar
Verified
{{{ review.rating_title }}}
{{{review.rating_comment | nl2br}}}

Show more
{{ pageNumber+1 }}
Leave your rating

Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Groups call for end to nationwide #endSARs protest.

Published

on

By

A group, Citizens Action for Good Governance (CAGG) has called for a halt of the #EndSARS protests, decrying the alarming increase in violent assaults carried out against both citizens and police officers.

Addressing journalists in Abuja on Monday, October 19, the national coordinator of CAGG, Nazir Galadanchi said the protesters should reason with the government and listen to calls and appeals by many well-meaning citizens. Galadanchi further said the heightened insecurity has tarnished the image of the country amongst the comity of nations.

His words:

“The peace of Nigeria should have been the overriding imperative of all. No person or group, no matter how aggrieved, should be allowed to undermine or threaten national security, unity, tranquillity, peace and harmony. “We would like to appeal to our fellow Nigerians, especially young people to halt the protests for their safety because their demands are already being attended to by the government, and we are optimistic that there will be a better life for all.’’

He also appealed to leaders and persons of influence, including celebrities and religious leaders, to persuade their followers and fans to discontinue the protests.

0 Users (0 votes)
Criterion 10
What people say... Leave your rating
Sort by:

Be the first to leave a review.

User Avatar
Verified
{{{ review.rating_title }}}
{{{review.rating_comment | nl2br}}}

Show more
{{ pageNumber+1 }}
Leave your rating

Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one

Continue Reading

Trending