Connect with us

News

#Big: Rivers Residents Feast On Washed-up Whale.

Published

on

       Some residents of the Agaja community in the Bonny Local Government Area of Rivers State may soon face health challenges following the consumption of a washed-up whale in the area.

        The whale was said to have been washed ashore last week Wednesday but was noticed by members of the community, who feasted on it on Thursday. A source in the Bonny Local Government Area told PUNCH Metro that the incident made the residents to besiege the beach with cutlasses, axes and knives as they began to cut parts of the creature.

       Thousands of fishes were washed ashore two weeks ago in neighbouring communities, a development that made residents to suspect that toxic substances might have been released into the sea through oil pipe leakages. A source, who simply identified himself as Jack, said some parts of the whale were already rotten as the residents deliberately avoided those areas and concentrated on the fresh parts.

        Jack stated, “Even after serious warning that eating the washed-up fishes was dangerous as nobody knew the cause of the death, some people still came out to cut parts of the whale. “You know that there has been this trend of fishes being washed ashore. We are not actually sure of the cause of death of the fishes in our waters, but we suspect that it could be as a result of leakages from oil pipelines. “The people, who are eating the whale, are saying it is manna from heaven and because they have been hungry due to the lockdown, the appearance of the whale is considered a blessing from God.”

       He, however, stated that members of the Finima Park Authorities had come to evacuate the remains of the whale with a view to properly disposing them and stop the residents from consuming it. Speaking on the health hazard of consuming the washed-up whale, a medical doctor, Tony Anaweokhai, told our correspondent that it was dangerous to take it as food because the cause of death had not been ascertained.

0 Users (0 votes)
Criterion 10
What people say... Leave your rating
Sort by:

Be the first to leave a review.

User Avatar
Verified
{{{ review.rating_title }}}
{{{review.rating_comment | nl2br}}}

Show more
{{ pageNumber+1 }}
Leave your rating

Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Tinubu visits Sanwo-olu, denies leaving Nigeria.

Published

on

By

All Progressives Congress (APC) national leader, Bola Tinubu, has paid a solidarity visit to the governor of Lagos state, Babjide Sanwo-Olu, ending the speculation that he travelled out of the country.

Tinubu’s visit to Sanwo-Olu came on Saturday, October 24, at the Marina State House amid a deluge of tragedies occasioned by wanton of destruction in the state by hoodlums. Addressing journalists, the APC leader expressed displeasure with how EndSARS protest transcended into violence that led to the vandalisation of the government properties and private facilities. Clearing the air on the Lekki shooting, Tinubu said his visit to the governor was to ask him if he ordered the operatives of the Nigerian Army to unleash terror on peaceful protest. The APC national leader also debunked the circulation that he was in France during the bedlam, saying it was fake news. “I didn’t go nowhere; I’m a Lagosian and I still hold the title of Asiwaju of Lagos and I am still a Jagaban.

“Whatever they think. Fake news is all over the place. They say Seyi my son was kidnapped and was chased but look at him. I didn’t pay a penny to bring him here.” Earlier, Tinubu denied having a hand in the killing of some EndSARS protesters at Lekki tollgate, saying he would never be part of any carnage. In a related development, Governor Sanwo-Olu has lifted the lids on the alleged removal of the CCTV camera prior to the toll gate incident. Speaking on Arise TV on Thursday, October 22, the Lagos state governor stated that “nobody ordered” the removal of the camera and turning off the light contrary to the circulation on the social media.

Sanwo-Olu said there was the security of LCC on the ground and added that what looked like a camera are “necessary installation” removed due to 24-hour curfew imposed on the state over repeated attacks of hoodlums.

0 Users (0 votes)
Criterion 10
What people say... Leave your rating
Sort by:

Be the first to leave a review.

User Avatar
Verified
{{{ review.rating_title }}}
{{{review.rating_comment | nl2br}}}

Show more
{{ pageNumber+1 }}
Leave your rating

Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one

Continue Reading

Trending