Connect with us

News

Kano Governor, Seeks N15bn From Nigerian Government To Contain Spread Of Coronavirus

Published

on

KanoState governor, Umar Ganduje, says the state has applied for N15b from the Nigerian Government to fight Coronavirus in the state.

The governor revealed that the state had not received financial support from the Nigerian Government to fight the COVID-19 disease since the state recorded its first index case of the virus.

He said, “You can understand that Kano is the most populated in the country hence the only testing centre at AKTH is not enough for us.”

However, reacting to the reported mass death in the state, the governor denied the report.

Media reports say more than 150 persons had died in three days last week but Ganduje said the figure was false.

The Presidential Taskforce on COVID-19 on Wednesday announced an investigation into the reported death so as to ascertain the actual cause and number of deaths.

The Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, announced this at the daily briefing of the task force in Abuja, noting that the task force was waiting for the arrival of its epidemiologists.

Ganduje however, said a survey and investigation conducted by his government at some of the burial grounds discovered that 13 people died, insisting that the figure quoted by the media was false.

0 Users (0 votes)
Criterion 10
What people say... Leave your rating
Sort by:

Be the first to leave a review.

User Avatar
Verified
{{{ review.rating_title }}}
{{{review.rating_comment | nl2br}}}

Show more
{{ pageNumber+1 }}
Leave your rating

Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Sanwo-olu says those responsible for Lekki shootings would be held accountable.

Published

on

By

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos state has said that those behind the shootings of protesters at the Lekki toll plaza on Tuesday, October 22, would be brought to book.

Legit.ng reports that the governor made this known in a statement by his chief press secretary, Gboyega Akosile, on the evening of Monday, October 26. The statement quoted the governor as speaking during an interview session on CNN, adding that the federal government and Lagos state government would ensure that anyone found culpable in the shooting would be held accountable for their actions.Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos fielding questions from CNN reporter on Lekki shootings.

He said:

.“We will be committed to a full investigation of what happened and people would be held accountable. They certainly would be held accountable. We would do everything possible to ensure that they are held accountable.

0 Users (0 votes)
Criterion 10
What people say... Leave your rating
Sort by:

Be the first to leave a review.

User Avatar
Verified
{{{ review.rating_title }}}
{{{review.rating_comment | nl2br}}}

Show more
{{ pageNumber+1 }}
Leave your rating

Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one

Continue Reading

Trending