Connect with us

News

Same family members can’t benefit from condition cash transfer – FG

Published

on

Members from the same family cannot receive money from the Conditional Cash Transfer scheme currently ongoing in many states, the Federal Government clarified on Tuesday.

It also stated that a total of 279 trucks of grains had been deployed to the frontline states that were put on lockdown by the President.

The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar-Farouq, disclosed this at the daily briefing on COVID-19 updates in Abuja.

She further said the government was focusing on digitalising the CCT scheme and was getting the Bank Verification Number of beneficiaries as well as their mobile phone contacts to improve on the transparency of the process.

On claims that two members of a family were paid N20,000 each recently, the minister said it was highly impossible for such to happen.

Umar-Farouq said, “This is near impossible because the process involved is a very tedious one, where all critical stakeholders in the community are involved.

“The faith-based organisations, leaders of the community and other stakeholders are the ones who came up with the list of those to benefit from the intervention in that particular community.”

She added, “And if you go through the list, every particular household must be captured in all three or four of the lists being managed by that community.

“So it is almost impossible for the same members of a household to get this intervention.”

The minister noted that her ministry would look into the matter to ascertain the claim but insisted that it would be “highly impossible”

 

0 Users (0 votes)
Criterion 10
What people say... Leave your rating
Sort by:

Be the first to leave a review.

User Avatar
Verified
{{{ review.rating_title }}}
{{{review.rating_comment | nl2br}}}

Show more
{{ pageNumber+1 }}
Leave your rating

Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Sanwo-olu finally shuts down Lagos schools amidst protest.

Published

on

By

The Lagos state government has directed all pupils and students in public and private schools to stay at home following the tension generated by the #EndSARS protests.

The Nation reports that the state commissioner for education, Folasade Adefisayo, who issued the directive, said the safety of the pupils/students, parents, and all staff working in schools was paramount “at this critical period.” Legit.ng gathered that she, however, advised parents to keep an eye on their wards and not allow them to be used as willing tools in the hands of those who might want to hijack the protests to unleash mayhem on the society. The commissioner also encouraged schools to utilise other means of distance teaching and learning such as radio, television and online media as they have been doing during and post COVID-19 lockdown. Adefisayo said that a new date of resumption for all classes would be announced as soon as possible. Legit.ng had earlier reported that all secondary and primary schools including tertiary institutions in Lagos may be shut down by the state government if the demonstrations by the EndSARS protesters continue.

Nigerian Tribune had reported that the government said that the measure would be taken to ensure the safety of the students and the school workers. The newspaper had said that the head of the public affairs unit of the state’s ministry of education, Kayode Abayomi, confirmed it in an exclusive interview in the evening on Monday, October 19. He said the idea was conceived by the state’s ministry of education and already sold to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu for consideration and approval. He said the closure would start the moment the approval is given.

Abayomi said:

“So, we are waiting for Mr governor for approval.” He explained that the ministry would not want to put the lives of students and school workers in danger. He said the dimension of the #EndSARs protest especially in the state as it is becoming more intense each day warranted the move.

He said if the approval is given, the students would be home until normalcy return to the state and the country by extension.

0 Users (0 votes)
Criterion 10
What people say... Leave your rating
Sort by:

Be the first to leave a review.

User Avatar
Verified
{{{ review.rating_title }}}
{{{review.rating_comment | nl2br}}}

Show more
{{ pageNumber+1 }}
Leave your rating

Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one

Continue Reading

Trending