Connect with us

News

Runaway Nigerian man who tested positive for COVID-19 in Ghana found

Published

on

A 46-year-old Nigerian man identified as Simon Okafor Chukudi, who is said to be on the run after testing positive for Coronavirus in the country has been found.

Chukudi has however been found at a hideout in Wa where he was seeking asylum with some friends.

The patient disappeared from his residence at Wapaani, a suburb of Wa after hearing his test results of COVID-19. The police have since been searching everywhere for him until he was found this afternoon April 17, 2020.

The Upper West Regional Police Commander DCOP Aboagye Nyarko, he was intercepted at his hideout through an informant.

He was Chukudi tested positive for Coronavirus on Monday, April 13, 2020, but has since disappeared from his residence at Wapaani, a suburb of the regional capital, Wa after health authorities informed him about his status.

Okafor was part of the six new cases the Upper West Region recorded on April 12, 2020, which pushed the total to confirm cases to seven. Out of the six new cases, five were imported and the other one traveled from Western Region to Upper West. All six confirmed cases have been in the region for more than three weeks.

A Health Service official, Dr. Osei Kufuor Afreh, who confirmed the incident said the Nigerian is one of the region’s imported COVID-19 cases.

He said “Five out of the new cases were people who came from abroad, including one Nigerian and one person from the Western region. But unfortunately for us, one of our confirmed cases cannot be traced. Having given him feedback on his test results, it has been very difficult to reach him.”

 

0 Users (0 votes)
Criterion 10
What people say... Leave your rating
Sort by:

Be the first to leave a review.

User Avatar
Verified
{{{ review.rating_title }}}
{{{review.rating_comment | nl2br}}}

Show more
{{ pageNumber+1 }}
Leave your rating

Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Sanwo-olu finally shuts down Lagos schools amidst protest.

Published

on

By

The Lagos state government has directed all pupils and students in public and private schools to stay at home following the tension generated by the #EndSARS protests.

The Nation reports that the state commissioner for education, Folasade Adefisayo, who issued the directive, said the safety of the pupils/students, parents, and all staff working in schools was paramount “at this critical period.” Legit.ng gathered that she, however, advised parents to keep an eye on their wards and not allow them to be used as willing tools in the hands of those who might want to hijack the protests to unleash mayhem on the society. The commissioner also encouraged schools to utilise other means of distance teaching and learning such as radio, television and online media as they have been doing during and post COVID-19 lockdown. Adefisayo said that a new date of resumption for all classes would be announced as soon as possible. Legit.ng had earlier reported that all secondary and primary schools including tertiary institutions in Lagos may be shut down by the state government if the demonstrations by the EndSARS protesters continue.

Nigerian Tribune had reported that the government said that the measure would be taken to ensure the safety of the students and the school workers. The newspaper had said that the head of the public affairs unit of the state’s ministry of education, Kayode Abayomi, confirmed it in an exclusive interview in the evening on Monday, October 19. He said the idea was conceived by the state’s ministry of education and already sold to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu for consideration and approval. He said the closure would start the moment the approval is given.

Abayomi said:

“So, we are waiting for Mr governor for approval.” He explained that the ministry would not want to put the lives of students and school workers in danger. He said the dimension of the #EndSARs protest especially in the state as it is becoming more intense each day warranted the move.

He said if the approval is given, the students would be home until normalcy return to the state and the country by extension.

0 Users (0 votes)
Criterion 10
What people say... Leave your rating
Sort by:

Be the first to leave a review.

User Avatar
Verified
{{{ review.rating_title }}}
{{{review.rating_comment | nl2br}}}

Show more
{{ pageNumber+1 }}
Leave your rating

Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one

Continue Reading

Trending