Connect with us

News

Coronavirus:U.K Prime Minister Boris Johnson tests positive

Published

on

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has tested positive for coronavirus.

Mr Johnson said he developed mild symptoms over the past 24 hours, including a temperature and cough.

He is self-isolating in Downing Street but said he will “continue to lead the government’s response via video-conference as we fight this virus”.

Mr Johnson was last seen on Thursday night, clapping outside No 10 as part of a nationwide gesture to thank NHS staff.

In a video on his Twitter account, Mr Johnson, 55, said: “I’m working from home and self-isolating and that’s entirely the right thing to do.

“But, be in no doubt that I can continue thanks to the wizardry of modern technology to communicate with all my top team to lead the national fight-back against coronavirus.

Mr Johnson is in the flat above 11 Downing Street, which is now sealed off.

He is working from the office and study in No 11, with meals and work being left at the door of the flat, Mr Johnson’s official spokesman said.

The prime minister’s fiancee Carrie Symonds, who is several months pregnant, is also self-isolating, although it is not known if they are still living together.

This news follow after Prince charles was tested postive to the virus earlier this week prince charles ,test positive to corona virus

 

0 Users (0 votes)
Criterion 10
What people say... Leave your rating
Sort by:

Be the first to leave a review.

User Avatar
Verified
{{{ review.rating_title }}}
{{{review.rating_comment | nl2br}}}

Show more
{{ pageNumber+1 }}
Leave your rating

Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Tinubu visits Sanwo-olu, denies leaving Nigeria.

Published

on

By

All Progressives Congress (APC) national leader, Bola Tinubu, has paid a solidarity visit to the governor of Lagos state, Babjide Sanwo-Olu, ending the speculation that he travelled out of the country.

Tinubu’s visit to Sanwo-Olu came on Saturday, October 24, at the Marina State House amid a deluge of tragedies occasioned by wanton of destruction in the state by hoodlums. Addressing journalists, the APC leader expressed displeasure with how EndSARS protest transcended into violence that led to the vandalisation of the government properties and private facilities. Clearing the air on the Lekki shooting, Tinubu said his visit to the governor was to ask him if he ordered the operatives of the Nigerian Army to unleash terror on peaceful protest. The APC national leader also debunked the circulation that he was in France during the bedlam, saying it was fake news. “I didn’t go nowhere; I’m a Lagosian and I still hold the title of Asiwaju of Lagos and I am still a Jagaban.

“Whatever they think. Fake news is all over the place. They say Seyi my son was kidnapped and was chased but look at him. I didn’t pay a penny to bring him here.” Earlier, Tinubu denied having a hand in the killing of some EndSARS protesters at Lekki tollgate, saying he would never be part of any carnage. In a related development, Governor Sanwo-Olu has lifted the lids on the alleged removal of the CCTV camera prior to the toll gate incident. Speaking on Arise TV on Thursday, October 22, the Lagos state governor stated that “nobody ordered” the removal of the camera and turning off the light contrary to the circulation on the social media.

Sanwo-Olu said there was the security of LCC on the ground and added that what looked like a camera are “necessary installation” removed due to 24-hour curfew imposed on the state over repeated attacks of hoodlums.

0 Users (0 votes)
Criterion 10
What people say... Leave your rating
Sort by:

Be the first to leave a review.

User Avatar
Verified
{{{ review.rating_title }}}
{{{review.rating_comment | nl2br}}}

Show more
{{ pageNumber+1 }}
Leave your rating

Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one

Continue Reading

Trending